Blog

Wet and Forget

Wet and Forget mold and mildew stain remover

Call Our Office 503-844-6500

Be careful with “do it yourself” products such as wet and forget that you can purchase at the store. At least one mold, moss and mildew stain remover  contains benzyl ammonium chloride also known as benzalkonium chloride. This chemical is sold in 5% or less dilutions as hot tub algaecide common name Polyquat is sold at a large markup. It is also found in various cleaning products.  Which has been studied and in certain quantities has raised concerns for the  environment. Customers choosing to try this product on their home, roof, brick or siding should use caution when applying. Studies in research labs have shown birth defects in mice.

This product isn’t anymore safe to use than other products out on the market for roof cleaning, mold cleaning, or mildew-cide removal. ADBAC (lc50  is highly toxic to fish, toxic to birds and also to mammals. Solutions of 10% or more of Benzyl ammonium chloride are toxic to humans and can result in death if taken internally. The main ingredient in this product called benzyl ammonium chloride recommends that that area be free from dirt and grime prior to using ingredient for maximum disinfection. You can download the Wet & Forget MSDS here.

Wet and forget msds data

MSDS WET & FORGET
MOSS, MOULD AND GUNGE REMOVER MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET DATE OF ISSUE: 27 AUGUST 2006 TRADE NAME: WET AND FORGET – 99 G/L
1. PRODUCT AND COMPANY IDENTIFICATION 1.1 PRODUCT NAME: WET AND FORGET 99 G/L 5 LITRE AND 2 LITRE 1.2 MANUFACTURERS PRODUCT CODE: 10580 AND 10570 1.3 COMPANY NAME: WET AND FORGET INC PO BOX 5805 ELGIN, ILLINOIS 60121 USA PHONE TOLL FREE: 888 727 8524 1.4 EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBER: CHEMTREC – 1-800-262-8200

More Wet And Forget MSDS information

2. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS CHEMICAL CHARACTERISATION OF THE PREPARATION: CONTAINS: N-DODECYL/TETRADECYL-N,N-DIMETHYL BENZYL AMMONIUM CHLORIDE CONTENT: 99 G/LITRE CAS REG NO: 8001-54-5
3. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION SEVERE EYE IRRITANT. CORROSIVE TO SKIN – REPEATED OR PROLONGED CONTACT MAY RESULT IN DERMATITIS OR SKIN SENSITISATION. INGESTION CAN CAUSE BURNING PAIN IN MOUTH, THROAT AND ABDOMEN – MAY BE FATAL IF INGESTED. INHALATION OF MISTS CAN PRODUCE RESPIRATORY IRRITATION.

You can download the full PDF here.  WET AND FORGET MSDS PDF

WET AND FORGET